Visique offers a complete range of lens solutions which can be tailored to the way you live. Whether you’re new to glasses, or have been wearing them for years, you can benefit from the latest lens technology for spectacles and prescription sunglasses which together provides for thinner and lighter lenses.
At Visique we offer the latest technology and materials offering you improved optics and sight correction.
- High Index Materials – for thinner and lighter lenses
- Aspheric Lens Designs – for flatter, less bulgy lenses
- UV Protection – to prevent the transmission of harmful Ultraviolet Radiation
- Photosensitive Materials – that change colour in response to sunlight
- Progressive Lenses – for people who would otherwise need bifocals
- Occupational Lenses – with special designs for different tasks, like computer operators
- Plastic lenses – the most common lenses for glasses
- Polycarbonate Lenses – incredibly light , impact resistant with in-built UV protection
- Coatings – scratch resistant for durability and anti- reflection for eliminating unwanted reflections
Our specialist staff will help you identify what is best for you and your vision.
Progressive lenses are one of the newest innovations in lens technology. They are sometimes referred to as no-line bifocals. Not only do they provide visual correction for distances that traditional bifocals can’t, but they also hide the fact that you even need reading glasses.
Progressive lenses are designed so that the distance prescription is used during straight-ahead gaze and the reading prescription during down-gaze. This then provides a more natural vision without any lines in the lens (which can get in the way on stairs for example).
- Progressive lenses provide excellent results for most patients
- They provide a focus for distance, near and all distances between
- Cosmetically they look “younger” with no lines
- The vision correction is more natural for the wearer
The latest design of progressive lenses ensures the wearer a high level of performance for comfortable vision whatever the distance, in particular providing a wider and clearer field of vision.
Lenses that Respond to Sunlight
Spectacle lenses with a tint that responds to sunlight are termed photochromic. Previously restricted to glass lightweight colour change lenses are now available made from resin or plastic.
- Photochromic plastic lenses are light weight
- They respond to suit varying levels of glare
- They offer UV protection as a feature of the material
- The lens surfaces are treated to resist scratching
Newer versions include high index materials for further reductions in weight and thickness
Visique are proud to prescribe lenses from the following manufacturers: